It has been quite awhile since I have blogged because we have had  a flurry of activity lately but I wanted to update all of you that have been following our story. I know many of you have been praying for us while we were in our “state of transition” and we are so grateful for that.

For three months, while in the midst of waiting for the book to be released, our family was separated as my husband took a job in Utah and the boys and I stayed in Pennsylvania, waiting for our house to sell. It was a difficult time, and I think both my husband and I were overwhelmed by our circumstances, albeit in different ways.

God never promises our journeys will be easy but He does promise to see us through and that’s just what He did for us again, when our house finally sold. Although we had our own timing of when we wanted things to happen, things worked out in God’s timing and we are appreciative to be moving forward.

It’s been almost a month since we were reunited as a family in Utah. We definitely experienced “hills and valleys” during these past months but are thankful for the end result. It was a bit of a whirlwind as we left two days after my last book signing, but I am just glad I didn’t have to do the cross-country drive, like my husband, oldest son and Mom’s husband Dave. The journey will always be memorable to them,though, and it seems to me to be a bit like the story of life. Driving over 2,000 miles in 3 days isn’t easy, but getting to your destination is worth the bumps in the road. There are memories to be made, even in tough times.

It’s been a stark change since leaving my home area again because during my book signings I saw lots of familiar faces and Mom reunited with people she hadn’t seen in years. Now I am surrounded by strangers, but I believe God puts us where He wants us to be for a reason. I’ve got a cool story about that already.

Since I’ve moved back out west I’ve reached out to a lot of people from my past that don’t live in my home area, letting them know about the book. And it’s been a very cool experience.

I reached out to one friend from the past who wanted a book, and she asked as many others have, “Do you have PayPal?” “Nope, sorry, can’t seem to figure out how to get it on my website,” I replied. I believe I’ve mentioned before that I am not very “techie,” although I do try to improve with each passing day. Now I know many of you are thinking it’s simple, but I have tried repeatedly to no avail. So I have to get people’s phone numbers and call to take their information.

As I talked to one childhood friend who wanted a book, we discussed this issue and how it has actually been wonderful to reconnect with everyone because we needed to talk, instead of just click a button on a computer, which clearly is a lot less personal, although effective. I’ve learned more about what’s happening in their lives and so many have been affected by loss or difficulties also and it felt good to share our stories together. It’s also been great to hear of all the joys they’ve had. We  all take similar paths with our ups amd downs. Since then, I’ve made a few prayers to God, thanking Him for my inability to complete the PayPal avenue. Maybe someday I’ll get it, but for now I am glad for the slower, more personal route that I’ve had to take. I believe there is a reason behind it.

So because I’ve been doing a lot of orders over the phone, everyday my 3-year-old and I head out to the post office to mail out books. One day early this week, we were running late into the afternoon with our errands and it was well past nap time. For all you stay-at-home Moms, you know how that makes us antsy. Must. Nap. Now. Mommy. Needs. A. Break.

I had 4 books to mail out and I thought about skipping it for the day. But I had made a promise to those people and was going to keep it. Of course this would be the day that the line was 10 people deep inside. Did I mention it was past nap time? Ughhhhh! Well, into the line I went and because I had run out of envelopes at home I had to use ones from the Post Office and began writing out the addresses and stuffing them with books.

Because the wait was so long, I didn’t realize that the people behind me were watching the whole time, getting plenty of time to see what I was doing. As I neared the front the woman asked me, “Is that your book?”

She began asking questions and as I gave her a brief synopsis of the book she told me of her sister who had battled cancer. We had time for a 5 minute conversation because of the stagnant line and really connected. She asked for my card and said she’d definitely like to check it out. HOPE. A stranger would now read about HOPE and also share it with her sister because I ran out of envelopes and because Christmas chaos at the Post Office had already become a reality.

After the year our family’s had, I am so much more mindful of these little things in life. I am sure I still miss a lot, but although I now live in a city of 100,000 people I’ve never met, I still had my first “God sighting” in less than a month. He puts us where we need to be, and I pray I do not let the hurriedness of life’s pace cause me to miss out on His continued attempts to make a difference in the lives of others.

I wish you all a wonderful Christmas season and thank you for your support of our journey. Please continue to help us share our story of HOPE during this holiday season. There is someone out there who needs it.

“Cancer on Monday, Dead on Tuesday, Home by the Weekend” is now available at Amazon.com and a signed copy can be requested from Tricia by emailing her at triciakingcontact@gmail.com

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑

%d bloggers like this: